Tuesday 21 December 2010

Nearing completion on two fronts!

 Well, I decided to have my unit of Skeletons be 8 wide (meaning 4 ranks deep) and, as a result, I had to paint another Skeleton. I chose the unit champion because it's a little more interesting than another ordinary warrior - but it's also because I got to test out the skin painting and the beard painting techniques. Ultimately, I'm really quite pleased with the results!

Also, today, I managed to get another few stages closer to completing my Scree Slope! I finished adding the sand to the borders last night and proceeded to paint them Space Wolves Grey, then washed them with Badab Black. Still trying to figure out what to do at the bottom edge to smooth it out - any suggestions? I also plan to add Static Grass at the sand/grass join to make a better transition and add some splodges of snow to the whole piece to help make it fit into my army's bases a little better. I also want to add some snow to my riverbanks to help tie those in as well (as I'm too lazy to repaint the borders in Space Wolves Grey).



Also, Stormsoul has been hard at work, drawing out, cutting and gluing together her Wood Elf cabin (the Building). She's got plans to fill it with papier mache to add some strength and resistance to it before she starts adding "the planks" to it. Not long left in which to do it all! But, she has also been adding paint to her Wardancers (no pictoral updatefor those yet).

Lastly, I have created my scenario, but do not yet wish to reveal it so that I can make any necessary tweaks as well as adding in some interesting fluff/background to it...

No comments:

Post a Comment