Wednesday 20 October 2010

Month 1 completed!

Hello again all! Apologies for the week's delay, but been waiting for Sousunou to find a dongle to get his objective marker picture to me and I'm still waiting on Skyjacker's (although I've seen pictures on their phones for them, so they are completed :D ).

Anyway, we've all completed all of the tasks for month number 1! I completed them all first, so get the bonus points, but I'll tell you all the overall scores so far once we have marked the fluff from each of us. Without further ado, here's my objective marker, completed. I felt that the deep red of Scab Red would be a decent colour as it heavily implies dynamite and also helps to match the colour scheme planned for some of my undead. I added the Warlock Purple to the runes on the barrel to tie it in to the other undead as well and to prevent it being too bland. The Burnished Gold is to help bring the runes out and works well with the red, in my opinion,  and helps to make them stand out from the Boltgun Metal edging used on the trim of the sticks. A little Graveyard Earth on the fuses to make them look ropey and stand out fromt he Scroched Brown barrel and then I just continued the gold onto the trim of the barrel and the plunger, which was also Boltgun Metal. Catachan Green for the base and it's done! All on a Skull White basecoat because I was undercoating a bunch of stuff with white anyway and wanted to undercoat this and get it done.



Stormsoul: My objective marker is a magical sprite, that the Asrai need to protect for undisclosed reasons. It's the "Bad Faerie" model from Freebooter Miniatures, for those that are unsure - different to what was originally considered (see previous post). Anyway, the skin was done using Regal Blue as a base/shade, Ultramarines as a mid-highlight and a final highlight of Shadow Grey - I went with blue skin because it seemed more mystical/magical and helps to define it as a spirit, as opposed to an elf (with wings). Speaking of wings, I painted these (and her outfit) by starting with a base colour of Regal Blue (except her outfit doesn't have any blue!), adding Dark Angels Green, Snot Green and Scorpion Green in various stages to achieve the veiny effect. For her hair, I began with Scab Red, with a middle stage of Mechrite Red, highlighting with Blood Red - this is also a scheme I intend to use on some of my wardancers to have variation in their hair colour. Her boots are done with Calthan Brown, highlighted using Snakebite Leather, so that it would tie in with the leather in my main army. I then did the details (bone, rock and base) - these where Bleached Bone for the bone, Codex Grey, highlighted with Fortress Grey and dirtied with Vermin Brown and Bestial Brown drybrushed onto the rock and (without the greys) the base. I left the edges black so as to help it stand out as a marker, not scenery or a model.

Sousunou:
Apologies for the poor quality photo.
This marker is a chimney giving out a green tinged smoke stood next to an earthing rod. This is supposed to represent an underground lab or factory.

Hashut's Blessing: So, there we have three of the objective markers in their glory! For more personal updates, as well as our individual thoughts (sometimes paraphrased onto this blog), it's best that you head over to http://to4g.dannyjigg.co.uk/

Anyhow, for the next month, we decided to each choose a piece of terrain to build as well as randomly generate a second piece each (choosing a piece if rolling 2 or 12, instead of making up to 7 pieces from the random selection method) and creating a scenario suited to our army, including our objective markers. For our chosen pieces of terrain, I chose a Raging Torrent because it's a mountain river and fits the Dwarf Mountain Hold theme, as well as providing a nice +3I bonus to models int he water (combined with my ability to ressurect models to avoid the Dangerous Terrain problems). Stormsoul chose a Venom Thicket because Wood Elves have to have a wood anyway and it would provide her with Poisoned Attcks and she's immune to the Dangerous Terrain tests that it incurs. Skyjacker chose to take a Blazing Barricade, for the modelling opportunity it presented and Sousunou chose a Sinister Statue because he loves the idea of a piece of Skryre technology trying to destroy anything near by.

As for our randomly generated pieces, I ended up with a hill, which turned out to be an ordinary one, but we all decided it was boring and bland, so re-rolled (coming up with a hill again, but a different sort) and got Scree Slop, which is also pretty fitting. Stormsoul rolled up "a building", so has chosen to go along the route of a Wood Elf style house of some kind. Skyjacker generated a Haunted Mansion, although we agreed any sort  of haunted building woul ddo the trick. Sousunou managed to get an Abyssal Wood, so gets to create all manner of crazy Skaven-things with which to make models within cause Fear!

No comments:

Post a Comment